Cherry blossoms have finally appeared all around the world where Spring has arrived. They come in different shades of pink and nothing is prettier than the fragile, short-lived blossoms. We used paint, markers, and tissue paper to make this beautiful arts and craft project with kids.
What You Need:
Pink Tissue Paper
Brown Marker or Paint
Green and Pink Paint
Cotton Swabs and/or Paint Brushes
Paper or Styrofoam Bowls
What to Do:
1. Prepare the project by drawing brown branches on the heavyweight paper for the kids. Spread branches all over the paper.
2. Cut out squares of pink tissue paper into 1-inch to 2-inch squares. Scrunch the squares into balls.
3. Allow the children to dip cotton swabs or paint brushes into a bowl of glue. Have them dab the glue on the branches and attached a tissue paper ball onto the gule.
4. Once done gluing tissue paper blossoms to the tree have the kids dip another cotton swab or paint brush into a bowl of pink paint and fill in some pink buds on the branches.
5. Finally, dip a cotton swab into green paint to make a few leaves on the branches. The kids can make grass on the bottom of the paper if the choose. My charge added a few fallen pink petals on the grass as well.
Photos by Stephanie Felzenberg