Anonymous Halloween Fun
In preparation for Halloween, have the children help you play this fun game with their friends and neighbors.
Fill a gift bag with Halloween treats or the Nutter Butter Ghost Cookies we made (see recipe below). Or, try these cute ghost cookies we made last year. You can add anything related to Halloween in the bags including: Halloween candy, little plastic spiders, or rubber Halloween characters.
Include a message in each bag to remind friends to spread the fun by ghosting two more people in the neighborhood. We printed a message from theimhalloween web site.
Then put the bag of treats anonymously on the friend’s front porches.
Include a letter in the bag that reads:
Late last night, we left you a treat.
The tradition is fun, one we hope you’ll repeat.
Take the ghost and pin it on your door,
to let others know, need ghosted no more.
Now it’s your duty to pass on this surprise,
to two more families, we must advise.
Gather some treats and deliver them soon,
within two nights, under the light of the moon.
Nutter Butter Ghost Cookies Recipe:
To make these ghosts cookies purchase Nutter Butter brand peanut better cookies, a bag of white chocolate chips, and a small bag of semi sweet chocolate chips. This works best if you have someone to help. Have the adult dip the cookies and the kids can do the eyes.
1. We lined cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. Pour the bag of white chocolate chips into a microwave safe bowl. Very slowly heat the white chocolate chips. Beware: it is very important not to overcook the chocolate. Heat the chocolate in the microwave on High for ten seconds, then stir. Heat the chocolate for another ten seconds then stir until the chocolate is smooth.
3. Dip one cookie at a time into the melted smooth chocolate until the cookies are completely white.
4. Lay the dipped cookie on the paper.
5. Put two chocolate chips on the cookie to look like eyes before the chocolate hardens. Note: Since the chocolate hardens in a few minutes, start the process over again once the chocolate is thick and hard to spread on the cookies.
6. Let the candy covered cookies harden. Remove from paper and cover tightly until you are ready to serve th