For years I’ve been making this card with kids. With Mother’s Days approaching next week, it is an easy card to make with the children for their mother. Of course you can make this card for Father’s Day, Valentine’s Day, birthdays, or any special occasion too. It couldn’t be cuter and easier to make. Here’s what to do:
Card Stock Paper
Construction Paper (in contrasting color to card stock)
What to Do:
1. Trace the child’s hands on card stock. Cut out the hands. If you make the wrists straight the card will stand up on a table.
2. Cut out a strip of construction paper about one- or two-inches wide and 12-inches long. Fold the paper accordion-style.
3. Trace a heart or draw a heart on construction paper for child to cut out.
4. Put the two hands together as if they are clapping. Paste the heart on the front of top hand.
5. Write “I Love You” on top of the front hand. Write “This Much” on the accordion-style folded strip.
6. Paste one end of accordion strip to back of front hand and the other side of strip to the front of the back hand.
Photos by Stephanie Felzenberg