Cooking With Kids
I have yet to meet a child that doesn’t like pizza. Pizzas made on English Muffins make a quick and easy snack or lunch for kids. Children love making these tiny treats. Allow the kids to collect the ingredients, spread the tomato paste, sprinkle on cheese, and add toppings to their mini pizzas. Older kids can toast the pizzas themselves. Adults should cook the mini pizzas in the toaster oven so younger kids don’t burn themselves. Here’s what to do:
You Will Need:
Shredded Mozzarella Cheese
Italian Seasoning (optional)
What to Do:
1. Cut each English Muffin in half and just lightly toast the English Muffins.
2. Place each half of the English Muffin on a work surface with the inside facing up. Let the kids spread one or two tablespoons of tomato paste on each English Muffin half.
3. Allow the children to sprinkle shredded mozzarella cheese on the English Muffin. Then have the kids put any toppings they like on their pizzas such as pepperoni. Allow them to sprinkle Italian seasonings such as oregano or basil if they like the taste of herbs.
4. Cook the English Muffins in a toaster oven at 350 F until the cheese melts and starts to turn golden brown (watch carefully because it usually less than five minutes for the cheese to turn golden brown).
5. Allow the mini pizzas to cool for a minute or two before serving to the kids.
Tip: Feel free to substitute different types of bread such as pita bread or bagels to make quick and easy pizzas as well.
Recipe and Photo by Stephanie Felzenberg