You Will Need:
A variety of seeds
Large pieces of paper
What to Do:
- Give children a large number of seeds and ask them to separate paper into two sections or draw two circles on a piece of paper.
- Ask them to organize the seeds into four distinctive groups (such as smooth and bumpy, long and round, fruits and vegetables, and so on). No seed can be left over.
- Now draw another circle or section on the paper. Try organizing seeds into three distinctive groups.
- Then try four distinctive groups.
- Have children explain why they chose the categories.
- As a challenge try grouping them even more specific groups.