Autumn is definitely pumpkin season. Pumpkin roll cake is a thin cake that is rolled up with a yummy cream cheese filling inside. I found this recipe that makes a great treat for Thanksgiving or Christmas in a family recipe book but possibly came from a McCormick spice recipe originally. It’s not too sweet and makes a great presentation. Here’s how to make it.
You Will Need:
1 Cup Sugar
2⁄3 Cup Canned Pumpkin
1 Teaspoon Baking Soda
1 Teaspoon Cinnamon
1⁄2 Teaspoon Nutmeg
3⁄4 Cup Flour
1(8 ounce) Package Cream Cheese, Softened
4 Tablespoons Butter, Softened
1 Cup Powdered Sugar
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
What to Do:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter 15x10x1-inch baking pan. Line pan with wax paper and butter paper.
2. Mix granulated sugar, flour, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg, and baking soda in a large bowl. Stir in eggs and pumpkin until well blended and smooth. Spread evenly in prepared pan.
3. Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
4. Place clean kitchen towel on work surface and dust with 2 tablespoons confectioners’ sugar.
5. Loosen cake around sides of pan with small knife. Turn out onto sugared towel, wax paper-side up. Trim off any burned edges.
6. Fold one side of the towel over short side of cake, then roll up cake jelly-roll style. Cool cake completely.
7. Mix cream cheese, 1 cup powdered sugar, butter, and vanilla in medium bowl until well blended and smooth.
8. Unroll cake onto towel. Peel off wax paper. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cake. Using towel, roll up cake and place seam-side down on serving platter. Trim ends of cake.
9. Refrigerate 1 hour or until ready to serve. Sprinkle cake with additional confectioners’ sugar just before serving.